Tuesday, January 24, 2017

PRAYMODORO

You may have seen those little tomato shaped timers called Pomodoros. The 2016 Writer's Market mentions an app copying this little timer, called POMODROIDO. It can be downloaded to your smartphone to use in writing marathons. Each thirty minute block is called a pomodore. The article suggests that you take a thirty minute break after four pomodoros. Stand up stretch and walk around.
I don't have any cute ways to time writing breaks. In fact, I try to time mine by thought breaks or scene changes. But I break my writing up with prayer. I have prayer lists to pray through while I clear my mind from writing.
I too need to stand up, maybe walk around the block. That is ideal for prayer. When I sit back down to write I am not only refreshed, but I am more in tune with the source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment